It's lovely and pleasant, it's aroma reaches our nose.
We don't have to enjoy it just from where it is, waiting for the next breeze to blow and send it our way. We can bring it close, by our side - put it inside, even put ourselves in the place from where blows. That's how. That's how we make it ours.
*Starting top left going clockwise*
1. Francis Mallmann. The greatest impact on me, and Lucas as well, this week. We've watched this Chef's Table episode on Netflix twice so far. It's hard to begin to put Mallmann's words to words. His way of gathering vegetables and dirt, his contact and intimacy with fire, and the poems read over wine amongst friends - it's romantically artistic. His blunt and direct words describe his inspiring pursuit of finding his own way. I can explain and write pages on his passionate inspiration, but let me just say - watch it. I'm planning on watching it yet again.
2. Amethyst. My birthstone, and coincidentally my birthday week. This raw beauty has been one of my favorite pieces by Evna, a jewelry designer here in Brazil, and I can't wait to get my hands on it! The pieces at Evna are rare and stunning, a touch of class with a bit of edge.
3. Fell upon this image on pinterest and cropped it to the details that most caught my eye. The hands and the drooping tropical florals dangle perfectly with the curtain-like skirt. perfection.
4. I think cakes will have to be a frequent part of my weekly inspiration posts. These four minis are by Nectar and Stone, who I've been following and love how she passionately paints and decorates in the form of desserts. Her instagram feed is a gorgeous palette of edible pink.
5. Palm frawns and white birds of paradise shot on a walk on Venice Island during a recent visit back home in Florida. A trip post is going up soon with pictures and sights that weren't posted on instagram.
6. Words. My words. Some that hopefully you and others can relate to, and that speak deep of newness that I'll be talking about soon.
I post daily on my other instagram account created especially for writing and art.
I hope you enjoyed these few items and people selected out of the many, many things that inspired my heart and eyes during the week.
Share what you've been inspired by this week, I'd love to hear! And visit the blog again for other posts and next week's inspo!